Monday, January 25, 2010

What does Motherhood mean??

- It means letting go of former freedoms.

- It means late nights and early mornings.

- It means tending to runny noses, fevers, coughs and colds are high priority. Laundry, cleaning, Facebook and showers can wait.

- It means getting paid in hugs, kisses and smiles...and LOVING it.

- It means leading with humility...admitting mistakes, saying sorry and having respect for your children and the gifts God gave them.

- It means sacrificing your physical body, strength and energy in the name of something far more eternal.

- It means tapping into God DAILY (sometimes hourly) for patience, wisdom and understanding.

- It means less of you and more of God.


It's so hard sometimes to balance all of our different hats - you know, the "mom hat" the "wife hat" the "friend hat" the "daughter hat"...and the most important, the "disciple hat." As my husband and I wait on God in eager anticipation of where He's taking us next, I still have the responsibility to raise my children as if something potentially huge wasn't on the horizon. Will we move to PA? Will we stay in Rochester? Where will I use my gifts next? I have no idea. I'm learning about faith and trust, but on the other hand, I'm teaching faith and trust to my toddlers. Mind blowing!

I believe Tim and I are going through a refining process like never before - and I say that because I feel the burn!! It's difficult and frustrating, but I literally feel the Holy Spirit filling up the broken places. There's something stirring in the atmosphere of our home, we're gonna have a breakthrough. For the first time in almost three years, I see the light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Now it's my job to reflect this stirring to my children...as this change isn't just for Tim and me, but also for them! Right now, my "mom hat" and "disciple hat" are working together, and I'm so thankful for that!!



2 comments:

  1. It's so sweet to hear your heart on this tender subject. you and tim are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i giggled, yet my spirit agreed as i read this blog. we do where many hats, and its funny how they intertwine. Glad to see you "leaning" on God and embracing His direction. And how crucial and beneficial to include our children when God is teaching us things! I think a lot of parents forget that part:) Whatever happens....continue to stand. Light at a dark tunnel is very comforting.

    ReplyDelete