Monday, March 8, 2010

Running shoes and brand new babies.

So I started running. I love to run SOO much. I used to run when I was younger, before I had kids, but because my pregnancies were such nightmares, it became less and less of a priority until I stopped doing it all together. I'm glad to be back into it. I've got my first 5k coming up on April 24th and I'm SOOO excited!! But not only that, I've kicked my aerobics and weight training regimen up a notch too. I really want to be in the shape I was in before I had kids. It's not a lofty goal and it's not impossible. I just gotta keep pushing myself.

I was also bit by the baby bug pretty bad a few months ago, and Tim and I decided we wanted to add to our little family again this year. However, every time we'd talk about it, something just didn't sit right. We tried for 3 months and obviously I'm not pregnant. Apparently, the time just isn't right. But now, EVERY time I see a new baby, it makes me want another one...Jim and Pam's baby episode on the Office last Thursday was a killer. I think this is a lesson I'm supposed to learn, though. I've never had a problem getting pregnant (and not that 3 months of trying and failing constitutes a "problem") so clearly God's hand is in this. I've made peace that we'll have another baby (or two...probably two) WHEN and IF He says so.

So the baby thing has been put on the back burner...and the fitness thing is on the front burner. Be ready for updates. Here we go!!...

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this is unwanted advice - but the book taking charge of your fertility will show you when is best for you to try to conceive. I own it, it's a great resource. I figured out how the "system" worked, the morning AFTER Naomi was conceived. ;)

    ReplyDelete