Monday, April 26, 2010

Is it really only noon??!?

We had a busy, busy weekend and what always suffers on weekends like that is the housework. The laundry is EVERYWHERE...some dirty, some clean and waiting to be folded, some folded and waiting to be put away. There are stacks of dishes in the sink (and on the counter) and we don't have a dishwasher so they all need to be washed and dried by hand (booo.) There are tiny landmines (read: toys) ALLLL over the living room. One of my sheer curtains is hanging awkwardly because my son tried to use it to rappel down the side of the wall. All the floors in the whole house need a good mopping and the rugs need vacuuming. You get the picture...

And we woke up today to rainy, chilly gloom outside. Sort of exciting considering my massive list of chores to undertake....who wants to be inside doing chores when the weather is gorgeous??

So I was up and at 'em by 8:15. By 9:15, barely anything was done at all...in fact, the mess was probably worse. Why??

Because (deep, dramatic inhale)...Addisyn threw a 30min tantrum about having a banana with her cereal rather than blueberries...and then about the banana being "too small" (sliced) rather than a "big one" (whole), PJ dumped the dog dishes out all over the floor, the dog got out of the backyard, Addisyn had a "potty accident" most likely to get back at me for ignoring her screaming, PJ climbed on top of the dining room table while I was cleaning fore mentioned "accident" and knocked over a vase of very dead roses, my next door neighbor brought the stupid dog back and proceeded to talk my ear off while Addisyn ran around half naked and PJ got into the refrigerator...

...and that was only one hours worth of activity. We've dealt with whinning, crying, pushing, multiple time-outs, arguements, books ripping, refusals of manners....

It's been just crazy all up until nap time at 12:15. Even while writing this, I've had to run up the stairs to discipline Addisyn for dumping as much stuff as she can find (her pillow and blankets, toys, clothes) and then climbing into PJ's crib...TWICE. I'm certain there is a direct correlation with the amount of vitamin D my children's' bodies produce from sunlight and their behavior. I'm praying they'll wake up refreshed and ready to start over.

Anyway, all that to say...there is still laundry and dishes everywhere and my floors are still embarrassingly unclean...unfortunately I've lost the ardor to tackle the undertaking. Someone please send some motivation my way!!! ...or just come over and clean for me? ;)

2 comments:

  1. It happened to you too?!? Thought I was the only one!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, you are are an awesome wife and mama!! Don't let this get you down! Addisyn and PJ love you and are just testing boundaries :) Hang in there and like Little Orphan Annie says "the sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there will be sun"
    praying for you for lots of grace and sending warm sunshine of hope to you!!

    ReplyDelete