Friday, April 16, 2010

The Winds of Change.

They're blowing again, and trust me, I know a thing or two about change.

I'm pretty sure I've shared on here that we've moved 5 times in 2.5 years. Well, it seems we're gearing up to move again. Currently, we're renting a wonderful little house in a not-so-major city. It's right on the border between a nice neighborhood and a bad neighborhood, so we put up with some rough neighbors and their loud music and their cursing off their kids, and we've recently called the cops on them. And then last week, I was running (in the nice part of our neighborhood, actually) and some guys in a car started following me, yelling obscene things at me. They drove off but came back TWICE to follow me and yell some more. That was kind of the last straw. We feel like our time here is up.

I'm just so frustrated. I grew up in one general area my entire life. This is so foreign to me. I'm the kind of person that REQUIRES stability, and stability to me is digging roots into the ground, building relationships that last and staying put - all of which have been missing in my life the last 3 years. I'm SICK of moving!! I HATE moving!! I really want this next move to be semi-permenant, as in I don't want to even THINK about moving for at least 5 years....so we have to find somewhere condusive to that (i.e. good school district, 4 bedrooms, big back yard, safe neighborhood etc). I want to paint my walls, and I want to get a big dog, and I want to not have to worry where we are going to fit any subsequent children or if I'm going to be abducted while running. It's all I can think about, lately.

Tim's got an appoinment with our mortgage broker/realitor next Weds. We need favor.

1 comment:

  1. praying for you! I completely understand how you feel, I to am a "roots" kind of person. I can't habdle instability, uncertainty, or frequent change. Your in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete